Thursday, December 29, 2011

Last Words From Ben Breedlove

Ben has posted an amazing summary of his life surviving with HCM (Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy). I'm so glad he shared his story.







I know how this kid feels. I also suffer with Thalassemia Beta Minor. My parents were told about it when I was young and we didn't think much of it until I had my first episode of (SVT) Supraventricular Tachycardia. The doctors checked my heart constantly but it wasn't until my 3rd episode that the doctors realized I needed to see a hematologist. Unlike Ben's issue with his heart, mine is with my blood. Thankfully I have it minor and not major or I wouldn't be alive today. I just can't have alcohol or caffeine and I'll live a normal healthy life.

Ben's story reenforces my belief of what's to come when we all die. If you or a loved one is close to death then you don't have to be scared because what's beyond is Nothing Short of Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment